About The Baldwin Bulletin
The Baldwin Bulletin was first published in October of 1873 by Ed Borcherdt. In January of 1892 the newspaper was sold to O.K. Hawley and it has been published by the Hawley family ever since. Four generations of the Hawley family have now been involved.
The paper was purchased by O.K. Hawley's son William E. Hawley in 1924. His son, William C. Hawley, became a partner in 1956 and became the sole owner in 1964. The next generation joined the paper in 1978 when Peter Hawley joined the staff. He was joined a year later by his brother Tom. Together they continued to publish the weekly local paper.